Zack's shared items

Saturday, July 3, 2010

the truth belongs to God; The mistakes were mine.

The older I get, the more I perceive the worlds thorns. I see how people drift and float in waves of meaninglessness. I hate it. It's hard to watch. But whats to keep any of us from drifting? Whats to keep a man from leaving his wife for sex with another woman? what's to keep any of us from falling into sins like these? I hate that what I see so clearly in others I can also see in myself. The desire to do evil things. Whats to keep me from forgetting this whole 'christian' thing and going my own "I know whats best for me" way?

Isn't it only the cross of Christ? It's the ONLY hope in the whole entire world. Don't look elsewhere. and if your self tries to take you down another road remind yourself of the covenant God made with you for the forgiveness of your sins.Remind yourself that He took you up within Himself and made you whole before you could even ask Him. You are His vassal. He may do with you whatever He pleases. and what pleases Him will surely not be the fleeting pleasures of the flesh (this is to be differentiated from pleasure or joy in its proper place in Kingdom living). I wish that those wanderers, those vagabonds and ragamuffins, should know the Lord and true Hope that only comes from living in subjugation to the authority of God through Christ Jesus our Lord. I want to shake them and wake them up! but how can I do that if I look the same and live like I'm dead though I am alive? We war against the thorns, the want for sin, that prods us on everyside and cling to the cross with everything we are and push through.

No comments:

Post a Comment